Chris is the former Head of Product for the Uber Developer Platform. Co-author of APML, Co-founder of the DataPortability Project, Startup Adviser, Formerly Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer at Echo. Podcaster. Australian based in SF for 10 years. Curious about everything.
Chris helps companies build teams, products, platforms and brands by...
- Assisting with crafting mission & vision
- Providing Silicon Valley insights & connections (including influencers & VCs)
- Interviewing & closing new hires
- Reviewing day-to-day execution to ensure consistency with long-term vision
- Reviewing products - particularly as it relates to look+feel+polish, core UX metaphors, social + viral mechanics, retention, monetization, APIs and open standards, and future product plans (roadmap, PRDs etc)
- Reviewing go-to-market strategy - particularly as it relates to brand, personas, value prop, and future marketing plans (blog posts, marketing collateral etc)
- Elevating day-to-day team thinking to encourage bigger, bolder, smarter bets
- Helping them fast-forward to the future
Chris has started, built and run a series of great startups. Most as CEO, all as co-founder. See Linkedin for more details.
- Product Management and Design
Designing Minimum Viable Products (MVP), UI/UX Design, Baking in social dynamics etc.
- Developer Platforms
APIs, SDKs, Developer Advocacy and Marketing, Building Ecosystems and more. Built a platform from 0 to 85 Billion API calls a month (Echo). Ran Product for the Uber Developer Platform.
- On Demand/Sharing Economy
Building two sided marketplaces, managing reputation and trust, marketplace management etc
- Personalization, Filtering and the Attention Economy
Profiling, filtering and matching content/inventory based on a user's behaviors and implicit and explicit interests. Developing UI/UX to involve users in the process and communicate the reasons they see what they see.
- Future of Media
Worked with all major media including ABC, Reuters, CNN, AMC, WWE, TechCrunch etc to help them design and build next generation media experiences and monetization models.
- Enterprise BD, Sales, Strategy & Support
Building, selling and supporting products into large brands and media companies. Chris worked with central product and IT groups at CNN, Univision, NASDQ, Disney, UMG, NBCU, Coke, Fanta, AT&T and more.
- Data Portability
Inventing, developing and participating in open standards for interoperability between independent services and tools. Implementing user and privacy centric approaches to data retention and sharing. I coined the phrase. Invented Backplane & APML. Particularly important now due to GDPR.
Gestures, Intents, Cards as a UI metaphor
The breaking down of companies, apps and services into more discrete component parts for hyper personalization and disruption at runtime.
- Silicon Valley
Fundraising, key players, politics, relationships, logistical and cultural insights, etc).
- Social Media Strategy
Techniques for participating in, influencing and leveraging social media to grow new markets, influence thought leaders and drive industry conversations.